Saturday 9 July 2011

Early Clarity Projects

Shortly after discovering Create and Craft TV, I was thrilled to see one of their demonstrators, Barbara Gray, and her line of Clarity Stamps.  It wasn't only the apparent high qualilty of the clear stamps and the unique mounts that caught my attention, but her lovely brayering techniques.

As someone who had never done card making or stamping, I was intimidated, but decided to order one of the stamp sets and give it a try.  That was all it took to hook me forever.  My clarity stamp collection is constantly growing, and hopefully my techniques are also improving.  I just wanted to show a few of my first efforts.

Mine is on the bottom with the floating roof tree.  Nina's is on top




Not too shabby for a first try.  We did learn that you want to limit your promarker use on the glossy paper.  It works, but tricky to stop it from streaking.

Next up:
The piece of work
The finished card

















This was for a retirement card for a work colleague.




Most recently:

With this one I used the scarecrow stamp, which I got as a member of Barbara's project club as well as her cottage, some of her foliage stamps and the naked tree (dressed of course).  I used distress ink for the sky and the ground, but brayered the ground and distressed the sky.

My masking techniqe needs work, but I think I am getting better!

That's all for now, but there will be some Christmas Clarity projects following shortly.

No comments:

My Weight Loss Journey