Sunday 10 July 2011

Christmas Clarity Projects

Well, here are my first attempts at using Clarity Stamps for Christmas cards.  I find that each project I do opens up ideas for more and more projects.

Reindeer with Pinescape and star


This was my first attempt using my lovely new spruce-scape Clarity stamp, as well as the star and the reindeer, which are also Clarity Stamps (sensing a trend are we?)  I used some embossing on the 'snow', including some puffy white.  It came out alright, but not quite the way I had intended.

I got some feedback (from Nina) that it would be better to have two reindeer, so this was the next generation.

Two Reindeer with Pinescape and star

I have to agree, the two reindeer do make the star more of a focal point.  I was a bit happier with the ground as well.  I used the ice grey 1  promarker to add shading under the trees and double embossed the snow.   First I used the versamark pad and dabbed it on to emboss with white.  Then I used the versamark pen to put some streaks in, which I then embossed with crystal iridescent embossing powder.  Looking at it here, I am thinking that next time I can go a bit darker / deeper on the sky, and I need to do something different with the star, though I am not sure what.

Although my masking is improving, I still have to get to grips with some of the detail work and actually putting the card together.  Rather than cutting the card to size or adding another matt / layer, I just put some green sparkle dots down the edges (not very evenly I hasten to add).  Maybe I should take a page out of Claire Curd's book and make my toppers to match my card sizes...  live and learn.

Finally, I used Barbara's recent C&C demonstration to make this next card.

Distressed holy and ivy

For this card, instead of going for the bright gold like Barbara demonstrated, I decided to see how it would look with a bit of distressing.

I embossed the two holy and ivy stamps and the Merry Christmas using Tim Holtz tea bag embossing powder.  Fantastic result as it looks almost like copper or brass.  I must say though it is difficult to be sure when the embossing powder has 'gone'.  Unless I did something wrong, it keeps a bit of a gritty feel even when it has been fully heated and cooled.

I used pro-markers to color in the ivy and holy, and then distressed the edges of the card with tea bag Distress Ink.

Anyway, that is my progess so far.  Please feel free to let me know what you think (or if you have any suggestions). :)

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

My Weight Loss Journey