Monday 5 December 2011

Forever Friends Christmas

If you are looking for the Crafty Boots Blog Hop, you are in the right place...so please just click here.


Ok, for a change.... card first, blather after.

Forever Friends Retro / Traditional

 
Without being a 'downer', many of you know I am currently having some serious issues with my back which has made my life in general, as well as my crafting a bit of a challenge.  The doctor has recommended that I try to keep moving around as much as possible, and considering that at the moment my lounge and dining room are essentially mini (or perhaps not so mini) craft supply rooms, I thought I could try to go through a little each day to cull out what won't be needed or used before Christmas (or at all).  This way we might actually be able to put up the Christmas tree IN the house.

Today I went for going through stacks of papers and I came across a pile of artwork that I had either printed or colored at some point.  I do this all the time, so I suspect there may be a few more similar entries (for cards made from 'found' elements that got so deep into the middle of paper stacks that I forgot about them).

Anyway, I came across these forever friends characters from Forever Friends Retro Christmas CD using docrafts Digital Designer.  I printed three of each - obviously with the intention of decoupaging them.    I did just that, then layered a 5x5 square card with patterned and textured papers.  The die cut Merry Christmas was purchased on line as it is.  (I have been trying to find out where to buy the die to cut them myself, but to date I have had no such luck!)

I wanted to keep this one relatively simple, but since every Christmas Card needs a little glitz I added the crystal stars.

I do think this card meets the criteria for a few challenges, so I would like to enter it in :

Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog - Sundae Bar Toppings (Red and die cut)
ends Sat 10 December
Pollycraft Monday - Challenge #120 - Christmas Fun
ends approx 21 December
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Challenge 5 - Shades of Winter
ends 10 December 

Willow Sketchie Challenge - Anything Goes
end 7 December

Please feel free to leave any comments (even constructive criticism).  I am always striving to improve techniques and am still developing my style so I am open to input from everyone.

Thanks for looking and I hope you all have a very happy and healthy holiday season!

xx Denise

13 comments:

Misty's said...

Hi Denise
What a darling card! I love "Forever Friends bears" and was going to buy the cd rom not that long ago and then have a play in the digital designer but after I read some reviews I was put off by some comments about the digital designer itself and by the quality of the artwork on those cds as well. Do you find the digital designer satisfactory yourself? I also adore "Me to you bears" but I am afraid to buy the cd rom for the same wrong reasons.
So sorry to hear about your back. I know exactly how you feel and my thoughts are with you. I have had unbearable problems with my posture for over 10 years now and have to say spending time in bed all the time and not moving about made it million times worse.
Michaela xx

Dawn said...

Sweet! Love the colours & the layout!
Hugs
Dawn xx

cotnob said...

Yes, our craft supplies do rather take over the entire house don't they. Lovely card - Forever Friends images are so cute.
Thank you for joining us for our ANYTHING GOES challenge at Willow Sketchie this week.
Pauline
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

LOL My craft stash is in all my rooms!!! Love it. Hope your back problems start to resolve soon.
Super card, I adore FF bears they are just so cute, Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week HAzelxoxo

Cloudedbrains said...

Love the card hun xx
Cloudedbrains aka Donna xx
http://smileycrafter.blogspot.com/

Angel-23 said...

This is lovey such cute Images, Ive got the FF retro CD however I haven't used it yet will have a go soon.
Sending you some healing thoughts out hope you start to feel better soon.
Hugs Rachael:) xx

Catherine said...

Love it Denise

Catherine x

CraftyDaffy said...

As I couldn't figure out how to reply to an individual comment, I thought I would comment myself to answer some of the questions. I would highly recommend docraft digital designer and the FF Retro CD Rom. Initially, having used MCS software for digital crafting, it took a little getting used to. Now that I know what to do, it is easy peasy to get the effect I am going for most of the time. Regarding the quality of the images, the FF Retro is just that, kinda retro, so they all seem to have less sharp edges and a 'faded' quality. I think that is intentional. I do also have the Me To You, and those images are clear and crisp - so I assume again the faded quality of the FF Retro is what they intended. If I have one criticism for the digital designed CDs is that there are not nearly enough black and white digi-stamps (as I am addicted to my pro markers and flex markers so I like to do my own coloring). So if they could come up with a 'create line-art' or 'create digi stamp' feature for the software I would have nary a complaint. I hope that helps and feel free to follow me on twitter to catch me for any specifc questions etc. @denise_n_gracie

Emma Goddard said...

beautiful, thanks for entering the CBN challenge, good luck xx

Debbi Powell Designs said...

Awww, such a cute card! Thank you for entering the CBN Challenge...good luck x

Claire said...

Lovely card hun, a little cutie. Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge @ Willow Sketchie this week. Good Luck, Hugs, Claire x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So sweet love the images you have used
Lindsay xx

Arabella said...

Cute card Denise! I hope you back gets better soon!

Thanks for joining us for the Christmas Fun challenge at Pollycraft!

Arabella

My Weight Loss Journey