Monday 25 July 2011

docrafts Digital Designer Cards

Thus far, most of my blog's cards have been ones that I have coloured or stamped.  I do also make cards using pre-printed decoupage sheets and more recently, thanks to docrafts Digital Designer, and the introduction of Forever Friends images, I have been doing digital artwork for my cards.


I find that these cards are great fun to design and you even get to do some crafty bits once your components are printed out.  With decoupage, you are obviously doing the cutting and building.   This is one of the decoupage cards I made using the docrafts Forever Friends Retro Collection and the digital designer.


Decoupage Forever Friends Green and Gold

This next card is one that I designed completely using the digital designer.

Forever Friends Candy Cane stripes with dog

From the red and green striped layer 'forward', the images were put together using the backing papers, characters, embellishments and banners from the Forever Friends Retro Collection CD and the docrafts Digital Designer software.  I used some different textured papers for the layers underneath to add further dimension to the card.  I also used the Zig, gold wink of stella pen to outline the inside green layer as well as the greeting banner.  The bears were a single image, but the puppy was separate and was easily added. 

All in all, being new to digital crafting, and well crafting in general, I find it so wonderful to have so many choices in designing and making cards.  Each one is a little piece of artwork.  Actually, the cards I have been making are on the larger side, so my next challenge will be to try to make more standard sized cards!

As always, any feedback, good or bad, is greatly appreciated.  I am quite happy to learn something new every day :)

Happy Crafting
xxDenise

3 comments:

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

So cute. You've got to love them bears.
Dee x

Carol C said...

They are lovely :) x

emma mitchell said...

Lovely cards and so cute xxx

My Weight Loss Journey