Thursday 28 July 2011

Another Christmas Experiment

For those of you that follow my blog, you will probably have already sussed out that I am a bit of a miss mash of ideas and styles and techniques.  I am new to paper crafting, so I am working my way through everything and trying new things, and hopefully I will end up with a few nice cards along the way.


 Here is one that I am quite happy with.....

Blue pearl ornament



While I was working on a card for a challenge blog, I die cut one of the layers using my a deckled rectangle nestability.  When I was putting it back on it's little magnet sheet, I spotted my ornament shaped dies.  Inspiration struck, and as soon as I finished the challenge card, I die cut a few of the ornament shapes.  There they sat since yesterday.  I knew I wanted to do something, but I wasn't sure what.  Suddenly I thought, "Liquid Pearls"  On went the blue pearls and then I thought...it needs something else.  I added the white liquid pearls PVA from Cosmic Shimmer in every other section and the result was the ornament you see above. It actually reminds me of the ornaments that were on my Christmas tree growing up. 

Perhaps I ended up going a bit overboard with the snowflakes and embossing, but I think all in all it came together quite well. 

p.s.  In looking at the pic, I realise it looks a little askew.  This seems to be an optical illusion as the card itself is fine.  Guess taking proper photos will be the next thing I need to work on!

p.p.s.  My other ragdoll cat Lily thought the picture would be better with her in it...so I will include this one as well in her honour.

Happy Crafting
xxDenise

3 comments:

Arline said...

What a lovely card hun! Cute kitty too! Could you send me an e-mail if you are still interested in the DT call for Christmas Crafting? (You will find my addy on my profile page!)x

Angela said...

Your card is lovely. Love the blue and white colour combination.

Stephie Boots said...

Love the detail on this card! Great use of liquid pearls! xCBx

My Weight Loss Journey