Tuesday 2 August 2011

Poinsettia Bear

I made this card to enter in the Christmas Crafting blog challenge.  I hope you like it.

Pink and Green Milton with Poinsettia


I used a pink card and stamped it with an poinsettia stamp and clear versamark.  Then I embossed the poinsettias with Cosmic Shimmer Clear Embossing Powder which brought out the pink of the card very nicely.  Next I brayered the whole pink card using pine needles distress ink.

The main image is the Milton with Poinsettia stamp from Milton and Co.  I stamped it using black memento ink and coloured it using pro markers.

The rest of the card kind of came together naturally.  I used another layer of the pink card left plain, then a printed paper (red with gold stars).  The holly embellishments and the pink and green ribbon were bits in my stash.

After the card was all assembled, I felt it need a little something else, so Milton's scarf got a wink of stella and the green layer ended up outlined with Platinum liquid pearls.


I really enjoyed this project and it was nice to see it develop from idea to idea, into eventually the card you see here.

As always, please let me know how I am doing.  All comments, whether positive or negative, are welcomed as they help me grow ;)

Happy Crafting
xxDenise

1 comment:

Arline said...

Aww this is lovely! Love the poinsettia and Milton is so cute. Thanks for joining in with the Christmas Crafting challenge!x

My Weight Loss Journey