Monday 22 August 2011

Edelweiss Happy Christmas

Here is a card that I made this evening after looking through some more challenge blogs. 


Clarity Edelweiss / Embossed
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

One Stop Craft Challenge - Bold and Bright

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge Week 69 - Emboss It

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Non Traditional

Tuesday Throwdown - Non-stamped sentiment


The flower is one of the lovely Clarity Stamps which I 'debossed' in silver into extra thick embossing powder mixed with bright blue mica powder.  Both of the white layers are factory embossed papers from Hunkydory.  The card came together quite quickly and I was pleasantly surprised with how the flower turned out as I had never done debossing, nor had I ever tried tinting ultra thick embossing powder.

It seems that from the depths of emotion comes creativity.  I don't think this is news to anyone, except perhaps me.  I always believed it about other people, but never about myself. 

I hope you like the card.  I want to say a big thank you to all the blogs that hold challenges.  Having the challenges to give my crafting a general direction has been a godsend this past week by keeping my mind occupied and giving me an outlet for some of my feelings.

Take care and happy crafting
xx Denise

7 comments:

Janeen said...

a GORGEOUS sparkly card. Thanks for entering the Embossing Challenge over at Speedy the Cat's friends and Mark's Finest Papers.

Benzi said...

Lots of pretty sheen on this card and that says Christmas for sure. Very pretty indeed! Thanks for joining Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Mary J said...

Hello Denise! Thx for visiting my blog and your sweet comment! Thought I'd come over and see you and I think you have a great style! Love this blue and silver - gotta try this colour combo together!

Sandy said...

Lovely embossing this card really shines, I've had a quick look at your cards, lots of lovelies! Thanks for your comment on my blog and for becoming a follower, I've joined you as well.
Sandy.

Shazza said...

thanks for the comment on my blog, couldn't see your card on Make It Monday- Is that ar agdoll you have? We have a Bi-Colour blue named Teddy, gorgeous cats x

CraftyDaffy said...

Thanks Shazza. I'm # 106 on Make it Monday...though this card is one of my favourites too.

Carol Hurlock said...

Your embossing technique is awesome. What a gorgeous card. Lovely colors and layout too. Thank you so much for playing along in Speedy the Cat's Challenge. It is a pleasure to come and visit and see your work. Hope you can play again with us next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

My Weight Loss Journey