Monday 22 August 2011

Of mice and mice

In my quest to keep a busy brain, I have completed yet another challenge card.  This one is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Shabby Chic.

Penny Black stamps are some of my favourites, and the only difficulty was deciding on a stamp to use for the card.  This is what I ended up with.




Penny Black love mice - Shabby Chic

I used a crackling technique with white over a blue/gray.  I tried stamping the image directly on the crackled cardstock, but as I suspected, I was not able to colour it due to the paint on the card being water based.  I did not dare try to paint the lovely mice as they are quite tiny and I am not a great painter, so instead I stamped the image, coloured it with flex markers and promarkers and cut it out. I stamped a few extra flowers as well and coloured them with flex markers.  The crackled card and the card directly behind the mice are distressed with old paper and spun sugar distress ink.  The 'quilted' paper is from the Glitter Girls (I think).   The lace is coloured using spun sugar distress ink as well.  Finally, the sentiment is stamped on tan card using versamark and heat embossed with Artic Lake Lustre Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder.

I am quite pleased with how the card turned out and I hope you are too.

Take care and happy crafting,
xx Denise

2 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

I agree, it has turned out lovely. Thanks for joining in this week at Penny Black,

Liz x

Kath Stewart said...

such a pretty card denise.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

My Weight Loss Journey